Hey there book friends!
As we approach the middle of the year, it’s time to look back at these past six months and reflect. The year 2020 has been filled with plenty of craziness in terms of real life events. For me, books have been a source of comfort during these tumultuous times. As a result, I have been reading more than ever before. The list below includes some notable books and characters from the first half of this year.
- Best Book of 2020 so far: “Untamed” by Glennon Doyle.
- New Release that I haven’t read yet, but I want to: “The Priory of the Orange Tree“
- Most anticipated release for the second half of the year: “Blood and Honey“
- Biggest Disappointment: “The Simple Wild”
- Biggest Surprise: “The Knockout Queen”
- Favorite New Author: Farrah Rochon (“The Boyfriend Project“)
- Newest Fictional Crush: Rhysand from the ACOTAR series
- Book that made me cry: “Anxious People” by Fredrick Backman
- Newest Favorite Character: Ana from “The Book of Longings“
- Most beautiful book I’ve received this year: “All Boys Aren’t Blue”
No matter who you are or what you are reading: I hope that during this second half of the year we can all find strength, unity and support. May you be inspired by the positivity around you, both in literature and in real life.